Sunday, March 22, 2015

Kiva HOT and SWEET Smoked Spanish Paprika Powder

About:
(2 PACK SET)- 1 Bottle SWEET AND 1 Bottle HOT Smoked Spanish Paprika
Smoked dried over holm oak for a minimum of 14 days, following a century old local recipe
Imported from the Famous La Vera Region of Spain
Made in small batches for optimum aroma, color and flavor
2 Pack / 4oz Total Wt.

Review:

I absolutely love spice in my food. Just about everything I cook has a lot of spice and flavor in it. I was very excited to get a chance to review Kiva Gourmet Hot and Sweet Smoked Spanish Paprika. I never really knew much about the difference between the hot and sweet smoked paprika so I set out to find out what they tasted like and how I liked them.

Both paprika powders have a nice smoky flavor that I really, really like. Both powders have a nice deep, rich flavor; however the sweet paprika has a sweet undertone, whereas the hot smoked paprika has a slight spicy flavor. Both are similar in taste, yet when on food, you can taste the slight difference in the spice flavor between the two.

Kiva says that these spices are imported from the La Vera Region of Spain and are smoked dried over holm oak for a minimum of 14 days, following a century old local recipe.

Typically, I’ll use paprika to add flavor and a little spice to meats, seafood, veggies, and chicken dishes. I also like to use it in fajita recipes as well. Overall, I found these paprikas really enhanced the dishes I was making in accordance to whether I need a sweet flavor or a hot flavor.

I made Sweet Paprika Skillet Chicken with the Sweet Smoked Paprika and I made a Cajun Chicken Spaghetti (the recipe just called for paprika, but I used the Hot Paprika in this recipe and it was delicious!).

Overall, I really enjoyed these paprikas and can’t wait to use them in other recipes. We enjoyed them in my house! You can get Kiva’s Hot and Sweet Smoked Spanish Paprika Powder’s on Amazon.com

Disclaimer
: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment