Monday, July 7, 2014

AKVIS OilPaint Program



About:

AKVIS OilPaint is photo to painting software that creates oil paintings from photographs. The characteristic feature of the program is a unique algorithm of the artistic application of brush strokes that authentically reproduces the technique of the real brush.

Review:
This program is very, very cool. You can either install it as a Photoshop plugin or use it as a standalone program. I don’t have Photoshop (I wish!), so I just installed it as a standalone program.
This program has many presets already included which are an easy way to start out with this program. You can select through the presets to see which one you like the best and you can customize from there. It has many options for customization.

The more familiar you become with the program and what it can do, you can start adjusting the various controls to see what looks best to you. You can change everything from the thickness, intensity, stroke length, and much more.  You can also choose whether or not to paint on canvas, and you can change the texture of your canvas.

It shows you the paint strokes as it’s rendering and it’s very cool to watch. It’s almost like watching someone paint right before your eyes. It takes hours upon hours of painting and transforms it into seconds. You get anything you could imagine turned into an oil painting in seconds.

This program also has a built-in test feature that would allow you to turn your photos into greeting cards or whatever else you could imagine. It’s a nice extra that this program includes.

Overall, I loved this program. I was able to take photos I loved as photos and turn them into oil paintings that I loved even more. I could see this program as being used for many different applications as only your imagination could limit.


Here are a couple of my before and after photos:

Before Akvis
After using Akvis

Before Akvis
After using Akvis


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment