Saturday, August 2, 2014

Light Spectrums: A Collection of Poetry by Jessica Fuqua


Light Spectrums: A Collection of Poetry by Jessica Fuqua is a collection of 25 poems in various styles. I love the variety of poetry that she has in this collection. Many of her poems are centered on nature, which is a favorite topic of mine. She also has many happy poems vs. depressing poems which many poems seem to be.

I very much enjoyed Jessica’s style. Her words flowed well which was wonderful as no one likes to stumble between lines. Poetry should always have a nice flow, in my opinion. Occasionally, depending on the particular poem, it might work if it doesn’t flow, but for the most part, it’s always easier to read a poem that just flows.

She also has a sense of humor with her poetry that comes through in her poem “Writer’s Block”, one of my personal favorites in the book. She just knows how to create beautiful and effective imagery with words that really helps you to picture scenes to go along with the poems.

Overall, I really enjoyed reading her book of poems. I took my time reading this book because I wanted to really understand and feel the poems. I love taking one poem at a time and just feeling it. I suggest everyone take time to read, process and understand the meaning behind poetry.

You can purchase Light Spectrums on Amazon or Smashwords. If you purchase the paperback copy from Amazon, you get the Kindle copy for free, which is a great deal.

You can connect with Jessica on Facebook and Twitter.

I am also able to offer a giveaway so that you can receive your own free copy of Jessica’s book of poetry!

Giveaway ends 8/714

You can enter below to win:




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment