Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Think Fun - Solitaire Chess® Brain Fitnes


About:

Strategic Skill Building Game

ThinkFun® Brain Fitness games help keep your mind young and sharp – all through play. Whether you grew up playing chess or can’t tell the difference between a knight and a rook, Solitaire Chess is for you!


Ages:  8 to adult
Players:  single player

Features:
80 Challenges
10 Chess Pieces
Instructions & Solutions

Review:

I used to play chess when I was younger but haven’t for some time. I had always enjoyed the game and when I had the chance to try and review this particular game, Solitaire Chess by Think Fun, I was very excited! I flipped open the instruction book and gave myself a quick refresher on how each of the pieces moved and I was good to go.

The chess pieces themselves were a beautiful hard plastic- a good quality, not a cheap plastic. The game board(s) book was also a good quality and I love that it’s spiral bound for ease of use.  The instruction book was easy to read and understand.

The game itself is like a simplified version of chess. The pieces move like regular chess pieces and the end goal is to have one piece standing. This would be perfect for playing alone or even to use in small group settings (think kids) to develop some thinking skills. I was actually playing this for a while and had my son and niece come up and want to watch and play because they were very interested.

Another good thing about this game is that if you ever get completely stuck, you can actually get the solution in the book. I like to work on the solution myself and try as much as possible to not look at the solution! I feel very proud of myself when I solve the puzzle!

I feel very strongly that people need to keep their minds active and sharp and I really believe this game will help with that. I think puzzles, thinking games, etc. are great for keeping your mind alert, active, and smart. This game is a great one to have in your collection as you can play many different puzzles with it as well as go back to the beginning and start all over! It would be really cool if they came out with new game boards as it may be a little easier the second time or more around.  It’s also fun to bring out when guests are around to see who can solve the puzzle first/the fastest.

Overall, I really think this game is neat! I love playing it when I have any free chance. It really reminds me of the times I’d play chess years ago. I don’t have a chess partner anymore, so playing by myself is amazing. I also love that I can teach my children and niece how to play as well.

This would make a wonderful gift!

You can get ThinkFun’s Solitaire Chess Brain Fitness Game on Amazon.com for only $14.99
You can also check out this game on ThinkFun’s website

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment