Friday, June 13, 2014

Number One Nutrition's Omega 3 Krill Oil

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Krill oil contains fatty acids that are similar to fish oil and are thought to be beneficial fats that help to decrease swelling, lower cholesterol, and help prevent clots. Many people use krill oil to treat heart disease, high levels of triglycerides, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, stroke, cancer, osteoarthritis, depression, PMS, and other things.

Krill oil can possibly cause some minor side effects similar to fish oil such as bad breath, heartburn, fishy taste, upset stomach, nausea, or even loose stools.

Krill oil contains astaxanthin, which is a very potent antioxidant. Antioxidants are what protect your cells from damage from free radicals. You form free radicals when your body oxidizes the air you breathe, breaks down foods, or encounters environmental hazards like smoke and radiation. Antioxidants typically only fight one free radical at a time, but astaxanthin may be able to handle multiple free radicals at the same time.

So I love taking krill oil. I can’t prove it actually does anything for me, but I do know I feel better, in general, when I take it. I have less pain in my joints, I feel less PMSy, and just feel good. I have had no side effects with this capsule. I’ve had no fishy aftertaste, no bad breath, heartburn, etc. This particular brand of krill oil, Number One Nutrition, is fantastic. One serving contains 1000mg of krill oil – more than most other brands have per serving. I don’t eat any seafood whatsoever, so I feel good knowing that these caps are doing some good for me and giving me the benefits of fish/krill oil.

Each cap is slightly larger than a particular name brand; however they do have more mg in them per serving, so it only makes sense. When I open the bottle, I can smell the fishiness of it, however when I actually take the supplement, I don’t have any fishy aftertaste whatsoever. I can’t even tell I took them (as far as taste or smell). I also take them with a meal so they aren’t sitting in an empty stomach.

My cholesterol is slightly elevated, so I’m hoping when I have it checked again that it will be lower. I really believe in the benefits of krill oil.
You can get Number One Nutrition Omega 3 Krill Oil at Amazon.com for $22.99 (could change) for 60 caps.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment